Monday, June 18, 2007

A Great Way To Start The Week!

Good Monday morning y'all. Yesterday was awesome we had a great morning of worship. People were very free and in touch with the move of God yesterday in our service. It is so refreshing to see people worshiping and praising God. Yesterday's message on eternal security was awesome as well. God spoke through pastor Byron to explain how once you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior that you can never be snatched out of His hand. To be able to see how all of the new Christians at C3 reacted and took in the message was great. Then to lead a worship segment after the message was just powerful! God is truly moving at C3 and I am just thankful that I can be a part of it.

Yesterday was also Father's Day. It was awesome that on Saturday night my best friend Blaine Back and his beautiful wife Stacy had a brand new beautiful baby girl, Bryleigh. So Father's Day was extra special to Blaine. I am so happy for Blaine and Stacy. Congrats!

It is quite an unique perspective on Father's Day for me. Father's Day is one of those days that I try not to think or dwell on too much. Not that I don't think that Father's Day is cool and special but that I no longer get to celebrate it with my Dad. Once you have a parent pass away you look at these days with a little sadness. My Dad was awesome and I thank God that He gave me such a wonderful Dad but this day comes with heartache that I never get to be with him anymore. So I do celebrate Father's Day but from a different perspective. It is a day of thanks to God for the life of my father and sadness that I don't have an earthly father anymore.

So now it's Monday and I am able to look back on Sunday. It was a great day and a sad day at the same time and good all in all. It was great to celebrate my wife's birthday, to worship with my spiritual family at C3 and to think about a great Dad that God gave me for a season of time. A great way to start the week!

No comments: