Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Friend Who Influences



I have a friend in my life that influences me all of the time. My friend is Craig Stamper. Even though my friend left this earth and made his way to heaven on September 12, 2001, he still influences me today. Craig was not only my friend but my mentor. He was the man I most looked up to after my Dad. I thank God that He allowed me to have a friend like Craig Stamper. He was a friend that challenged me to be the best man of God I could be. He challenged me beyond myself and had an ability to see what potential I had in me that I could not even see myself. My friend was a person that cared about others, especially the lost. My friend had a passion for music and for life as well. I pray that my passion for the lost, for music and for life itself would make my friend proud. I miss Craig a whole bunch and I can only hope that you have a friend in your life like I have in mine. A friend who influences you.

3 comments:

Angie Bledsoe said...

September 12 will always be a time of rememberance for many of us...It seems like just yesterday - and a lifetime ago. You carry on Craig's passion and heart so well, I know he's proud of you. I hope you have a day full of blessings. Peace.

Anonymous said...

remembering with you today...

Casey

Anonymous said...

We're remembering with you. I first met Craig and his brothers at
Brush Arbor Baptist when they came to sing as a group. Imagine how plesantly surprised I was to see him at our church.
You do carry on Craigs heart and passion. We love you and your wonderful attitude of whatever it takes!