Friday, September 21, 2007

The Rewards Outweigh The Risk

Here I am, blogging from beautiful Key West on board The Enchantment of the Seas. Now you might ask why one is blogging on a cruise? Well, because I feel like it! After being up late watching karaoke with hundreds of people (Andrea did "Oops I Did It Again & a Paula Abdul song I can't remember right now) I have found a quiet spot looking out into the ocean to collect my thoughts.

As I look at a small private island here in the port of Key West my mind is just thinking. It's a beautiful little place but I am sure you wouldn't want to stay there if there were a major storm coming. Then I started thinking, the most beautiful, awesome places to live sometimes are accompanied with a certain amount of risk. Kind of like church. To get where we believe God wants us to go is accompanied with some risk. The risk of people criticizing us. The risk of people misjudging us. The risk of people lying about us, and the list goes on. But you know what? The risk is so worth it. The changed lives are and will be worth all the storms that come our way.

So just like the island with beautiful homes and an even more beautiful view, the rewards definitely outweigh the risk.

No comments: